Haven't got a full uniform?
A letter explaining the situation must be given to the Student Wellbeing and Welfare Office.
All students are expected to arrive at the academy in exemplary uniform, every day. If there is a good reason why an item of uniform cannot be worn, a letter explaining the situation must be given to the Student Wellbeing and Welfare Officer, who will then authorise a twenty-four hour grace period. During that time, parents/carers are expected to replace the item of uniform. Students will be given uniform to wear if in stock during this time. Alternatively, parents/carers can request support with uniform for either on a temporary or permanent basis.
The required items of uniform are as follows:
- a purple polo short with the academy logo or a white buttoned-down collared
- shirt with the academy logo
- an academy blazer
- plain black school trousers, or black pleated uniform skirt (supplied by SuperStitch86 or Sussex Uniforms only)
- black shoes or plain black trainers
- for boys: plain dark coloured socks
- for girls: black, white or neutral coloured plain tights or socks
- students may optionally choose to wear a grey V-neck jumper with the academy logo
- if a belt is needed, it must be plain black.
There are a number of items that are specifically prohibited. These are:
- hooded Tops (Hoodies) and sweat shirts
- casual trousers, including jeans, cords, combat trousers, leggings, jeggings or jogging bottoms
- patterned tights and multi-coloured socks
- only the following jewellery will be permitted:
- small studs or sleepers in the ears (one in each ear maximum)
- a watch.
The following items are prohibited:
- Extreme hair styles and/or non-natural hair colour
- Facial piercings or retainers (other than a single stud in each ear).
Variations to the uniform will not be permitted and the academy reserves the right to decide what is acceptable. Students who are found to be in contravention of the academy expectations will be given the opportunity to correct their uniform and appearance. However, should a student continue to disregard these expectations they will be given an after-school detention, escalating to a day in isolation for persistent offences. Some items may also be confiscated (hoodies/jewellery) should the student continue to fail to meet these high standards.
For PE, students are required to wear:
- the academy PE t-shirt or polo top, with a logo
- academy bottoms with logo (choices are shorts, girls fit shorts, leggings, skorts, and 2 types of tracksuit bottoms).
- sports trainers (plimsolls, 'Converse' and 'Vans'; sneakers are not permitted)
- students may also wish to wear an academy sports top with logo over their t-shirt for lessons, and a suitable sports coat is suggested for outdoor lessons when wet. For sports such as football and rugby, football boots and shin pads are also recommended.
Variations to the PE kit will not be permitted. Students will be given the opportunity to correct their PE kit and will face the same sanctions should they fail to do so as per their regular school uniform.
Students should clearly mark and label all belongings with their name and year group, in case they are lost.