Haven't got a full uniform?
A letter explaining the situation must be given to the Student Wellbeing and Welfare Office.
All students are expected to arrive at the academy in exemplary uniform, every day. If there is a good reason why an item of uniform cannot be worn, a letter explaining the situation must be given to your child's Form tutor who will then authorise a twenty-four hour grace period. During that time, parents/carers are expected to replace the item of uniform. Alternatively, parents/carers can request support with uniform from their Head of Year for either on a temporary or permanent basis.
The required items of uniform are as follows:
- a purple polo short with the academy logo or a white buttoned-down collared shirt with the academy logo
- an academy blazer
- plain black school trousers, or black pleated uniform skirt (supplied by SuperStitch86 or Sussex Uniforms only)
- black shoes or plain black trainers
- plain dark coloured socks
- black, white or neutral coloured plain tights
- students may optionally choose to wear a grey V-neck jumper with the academy logo
- if a belt is needed, it must be plain black.
Variations to the uniform will not be permitted.
For PE, students are required to wear:
- the academy PE t-shirt or polo top, with a logo
- academy bottoms with logo (choices are shorts, girls fit shorts, leggings, skorts, and 2 types of tracksuit bottoms).
- sports trainers (plimsolls, 'Converse' and 'Vans'; sneakers are not permitted)
- students may also wish to wear an academy sports top with logo over their t-shirt for lessons, and a suitable sports coat is suggested for outdoor lessons when wet. For sports such as football and rugby, football boots and shin pads are also recommended.
Variations to the PE kit will not be permitted.
Students should clearly mark and label all belongings with their name and year group, in case they are lost.