Year 6 Transition
We would like to take this opportunity to say how delighted we are that your child will be joining
The St Leonards Academy in September 2023.
The St Leonards Academy provides an education that develops the personal skills of students as well as challenging them academically and enabling them to achieve the highest standards.
Part of our role in the transition process, is to ensure everything is as smooth and manageable as possible. As a result of feedback including student and parent voice, we continually adapt our transition process to ensure students arrive at The St Leonards Academy physically, mentally and emotionally prepared for this next exciting phase of education.
Starting secondary school is an exciting phase in education and we very much hope that your child is looking forward to joining us and experiencing all that The St Leonards Academy has to offer. We do of course recognise that along with the sense of excitement, there will understandably be a few nerves for pupils, parent and carers alike and we endeavour to ensure that our transition process will help to overcome these.
- How long is the school day?
- Can I ride my bike to school?
- How long are lessons?
- How many lessons are there?
- How will I find my way around St Leonard’s Academy?
- What lessons will I have at St Leonard’s Academy?
- What are the older students like?
- How long is lunchtime?
- What kind of food is there in the café?
- How do I pay for my lunch?
- When do I find out who my tutor is?
- When do I find out who is going to be in my tutor group?
- Am I allowed to wear jewellery?
- Am I allowed to wear my hair down?
- Where can I get The St Leonard’s Academy Uniform and PE kit from?
- What do I need to bring on my first day?
- What if I get lost on my way to lessons?
- What if I get bullied at school?
- What do I do if I am not feeling very well?
- Where do I go if I need help?
- How many students are at The St Leonard’s Academy?
- How do I find out what my homework is?
- Who do I speak to if I can’t do my homework?
- What clubs are there?