At The St Leonards Academy, we believe that knowledge has the power to transform and enrich lives. It helps us to make sense of the world, to appreciate human creativity and achievement and to become educated citizens who contribute to society. We therefore believe that every one of our students, regardless of background, is entitled to encounter the best that has been thought, said and done through a broad and balanced curriculum. We have so much to be proud of at St Leonards.
- A well planned and inclusive curriculum.
- A focus on excellence in the classroom.
- A strong pastoral systems with a non -teaching head of year and dedicated student support worker for each year group.
- A strong, supportive reading strategy using Accelerated Reader.
- Excellent support for student mental health and wellbeing, with trained professionals and specialists onsite to support all learners.
- Exceptional support for students with additional needs and our unique facility that caters for a range of needs.
- Access to great extra- curricular clubs, sport, trips and experiences.
- Strong safeguarding systems to protect our most vulnerable learners
- Amazing student leadership opportunities.
We would love to speak to you, or welcome you for a visit, where you can learn more about life at the St Leonards Academy.
We are part of a family of academies
We are proud to be part of the University of Brighton Academies Trust, a distinguished organisation dedicated to nurturing and supporting infant, primary, and secondary academies throughout Sussex.
As a family of academies, we collectively pursue common goals and ambitions guided by our shared mission, vision, and values.
Our association with the University of Brighton lends invaluable enrichment to the Trust. Drawing upon their esteemed sponsorship and extensive experience in working with schools, we strive to create an environment where our pupils are not only inspired to excel but also cultivate a lifelong passion for learning.
The benefits of being an academy include:
- Access to expert advice and support from our lead sponsor, the University of Brighton, to further develop our teaching
- Support and expertise from a dedicated professional services team, who help all our academies grow and develop every year
- Curriculum freedoms; as an academy we can develop learning that really excites children
- The continuation of our distinctive and inclusive ethos
- The resources we need to move our good school to outstanding.